Second Claim Paragraph
Another reason immigration has a [beneficial/detrimental] influence [that/the fact that] [provide your second claim for or against immigration.]
Another reason immigration should be [more/less] strictly enforced is [that/the fact that] [provide your second for or against the strict enforcement of immigration.]
- Immigration is an integral part of American values and the "American Dream."
- Immigration is essential to maintain the labor pool.
- Allowing immigration and giving amnesty to illegal immigrants is the ethical thing to do.
- Immigrants are driven by a o-strong=" work ethic and an appreciation of American values.
- Immigration is what gives America its "cultural melting pot" society, and diversity is a positive element of society.
- Immigration provides an essential boost to the economy.
- Immigration is often done illegally and by allowing these immigrants to stay (amnesty) the country is rewarding illegal behavior.
- Immigration overflows the labor pool with unskilled workers.
- Allowing immigration and giving amnesty to illegal immigrants is inviting possible criminal behavior by individuals who disregard laws.
- Immigrants do not appreciate or assimilate to American values and are a threat to the values of American culture.
- Immigration burdens the economy by requiring financial support for health care, education and other government services.
Reference.com Immigration Home Page
American Immigration Council Guide to Immigration
ProCon.org Resource on Immigration
Argumentative Essay on Immigration
1148 WordsDec 9th, 20125 Pages
Illegal Immigration Amnesty
There are many problems that the United States faces and the one that is causing several debates is illegal immigration. Thousands and thousands of illegal immigrants have come from many different places. All of them have different desires.
One might want a safe future for their family, one is probably looking for a fresh start, or even a place to spread their knowledge. The big question is should illegal immigrants be granted amnesty? After the resources and argument, it is believed that Amnesty should be given to illegal aliens. What is amnesty? Amnesty is a pardon for someone who was convicted in a crime. Amnesty is tangled with the term “Illegal Aliens”. Illegal aliens according to the…show more content…
A huge part of the economy depends on the illegal immigrants such as agriculture. Natives have a mindset that they are too good to be working at such lowly ranked jobs so such labor depends on these immigrants. Without the support of the increased population of the illegal immigrants, the economy would be in a condition that’s worse than it already is. Granting amnesty will also reduce crime because these immigrants will not fear about reporting crimes to authorities, therefore helping to reduce the crime rate to an extent. With legalization of these aliens it will strengthen and revitalize the nation and it will increase the nation’s security. Granting amnesty will help the nation focus on more important resources such as militia. These resources that are focused on capturing illegal immigrants who enter the country for work could be redirected towards homeland security or funds for war.
Not all agree that the “illegal aliens” should be able to get a chance to prove themselves. According to Heritage Foundation "Do not grant amnesty to illegal aliens. Regardless of the penalties imposed, any program that grants individuals who are unlawfully present