5 No-Fail Sports Topics For Academic Research Papers
The subject of sports makes for an ideal paper when it comes to academic writing. Although selecting a topic can be difficult in the first instance, once you have selected your topic, you should find the that you are able to write the paper easily.
Drugs and Steroid Use Within Sports
The use of drugs and steroids can give you a lot of information to write about, whether it is the general everyday use or the use of drugs or famous athletes that have used them.
- Writers can discuss the negative effects drug have in the sporting world.
- Long-term ramifications and health problems can also be discussed.
- The effects of long-term use along with the disadvantages can be another discussion point.
How Media Affects Sports
The media are well suited to many sports, whereas others do not seem to garner the same attention. Topics can include how different sports attract different age ranges and sexes.
- Writers can discuss how athletes are portrayed as potential role models for today’s youth.
- Why are some sports more worthy of being televised than others?
- How the advertising industry performs during sporting events.
Another topic that opens a number of avenues when it comes to writing research papers is sports injuries. The paper could cover many aspects of injuries, including aftercare and prevention.
- Famous athletes can be cited who have had particularly damaging injuries.
- How certain injuries are specific to particular sports.
- The writer may have had a personal experience in sports where they fell victim to an injury.
Sports and Employment
Employment in sports can provide more inspiration for academic research papers. Many viewpoints and discussion points can be looked at.
- What options are available for successful athletes in sports?
- What are the options for athletes who may not hold the same celebrity status as others?
- The writer will be able to research high school athletes and look at sports scholarships.
The History of Sports
History and sports can go in hand in hand when it comes to writing a research paper. Whether you are looking at the history of sport itself or famous sporting events, you can be sure that there is more than enough information to produce some fantastic work.
- Writers could look at females entering a male-dominated sport and how this changed the way athletes were viewed.
- A writer can also research famous sporting events and discuss why they are memorable.
Top 19 Interesting Sports Research Paper Topics To Look Into
These are some really great ideas that you may like to consider as a Sports research paper topic.
- Sports and Traumatic Brain Injuries. At what point do Sports have to start changing some of their rules and regulations in response to possible brain trauma?
- Age and Contact Sports. Should children under the age of 12 be allowed to take part in contact sports? Should the rules be the same for Girls and boys?
- Professional Sports and Tattoos. People should be allowed to express themselves but what message do highly tattooed professional sports people make to young people.
- Performance enhancing drugs. Has the use of performance enhancing drugs had on the Tour de France and other similar sports?
- Long term use of steroids. What are the possibilities of devising a successful program that can help amateur sportsmen and women avoid using steroids.
- Media. What are the qualities and experience that are necessary to make a good sports commentator? How much player experience do they need?
- Media and Soccer. Did the Media give as much coverage of the Women’s World Cup Soccer as the Male equivalent? If not why?
- Spectator Sports. Which sports can be defined as spectator sports? Why have spectator sports grown over the past 30 years? How can we achieve a balance?
- History and Sports. There seems to have been a growth of new sports over the past few years (e.g. Frisbee Golf), why have these changes come about?
- Advertising and Sports. How has advertising be big companies changed sports? You could look at this from the point of view of the sport sponsorship to trophies.
- Sports Scholarships. How do students with sports scholarships manage their studies as well as playing sports? Has this changed over the past 20 years?
- Medicine and Sports Injuries. What sorts of injuries are specific to particular sports? How can people guard against these injuries
- Careers after Sport. Besides coaching what other career options are available to someone who is very interested in sports? What qualifications do they need?
- Sexes and Sport. Can all sports be played by both sexes? Why do there have to be separate teams for males and females? Is this fair?
- Football (Soccer), a universal language? Soccer is known throughout the world, how can this sport help towards global peace?
- Skills and Sport. Is sport just about physical strength? Does it require more skills such as math and problem solving? Give examples.
- Famous Athletes. Who stands out as being one of the world’s most famous athletes? What influence have they had on their sport and beyond?
- FIFA. How can we be sure that the same mistakes are not made again? What led to some of the difficulties that occurred?
- The most memorable sporting event. What is the most memorable sporting event and why? How could it be more memorable?